Tuesday, October 25, 2005

So Much for Passport Security

electric city 6
Photo Credit: mammuth
According to this Cnet article starting next year all new passport issued will have RFID's in them, even though scores have issued concerns that anyone with a reader could gather everything about you in your passport for Identity theft. This is not anything that I would want in my passport. Their are other forms of electronics that could of been used that would not have these same risks to privacy. Anything that required it to come in direct contact would of worked. So for the want of a few seconds I now going to be at risk of Identity theft just walking around if I have my passport on me. I'll have to wrap it in layers of tin foil after I renew my passport next time.

Related articles:
Passports to get RFID chip implants

No comments: