Saturday, February 11, 2006

Chipping Employees - Welcome to a Brave New World

Computer detail
Photo Credit: VanHeber
I heard about this company -- CityWatcher -- that would requires RFID injection into it's employees a few days ago on the radio, but I am only now seeing it hit the the tech sites like Slashdot. Other than the revulsion that I felt upon hearing of this story, the so called security that this mark of the beast was supposed to give, is non-existent. A researcher recently published that these systems are as vulnerable as any other if not more so, since anyone with a reader only to get within a few feet to be able to copy the info.

I have the same feelings about the PayPass system that MasterCard has put in place in the last month or so in stories like 7-11. The idea that all anyone needed was a radio power transceiver reader to get my credit card number is frightening. As it is I feel that I'm going to have to line my wallet in Aluminum foil before long.

Related
SpyChips


Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: