Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Word of the Day: Flexitarianism

You learn something new everyday. For me it is Flexitarian. Now I view myself as a fairly well read person, but had never heard of this term before today. I came across it on the Rick Emerson Blog. Here is the definition I found.
Wikipedia: Flexitarianism
Flexitarianism is the practice of being flexible about the degree one practices vegetarianism or veganism. A flexitarian might make only vegetarian dishes at home, but eat dishes including meat at the home of family or friends. In 2003, the American Dialect Society voted flexitarian as the year's most useful word, and defined it as "a vegetarian who occasionally eats meat."
Related Articles:
Rick Emerson Blog entry: Boiling the tofu frog
msnbc: Are you a 'flexitarian?'

2 comments:

Solarusmoon said...

You know... Rick Emerson used to email me - after Jason did his thing... Scott used to tease me that he was my boyfriend...

Kinda funny... I guess he's back on the air, but I haven't listened to him in ages (probably a couple of years, actually).

Anonymous said...

I am a flexitarian only because I can't afford meat.